Central City/Parallel 49 2014 Calendar Day #4
- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Red Racer Belgian-Style Wheat Ale – Central City Brewing, 5% ABV – 341ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada)
on the back label:
“Traditionally opaque, this Belgian Style Wheat Ale is brewed with coriander seed and dried orange peel producing a beer light in body with a refreshing citrus and spice aroma.”
- Style: (spiced wheat ale) Belgian White / Witbier
- Taste: Crisp dry banana wheat malt light citrus almost-barnyard
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not terribly exciting
Visual: Pours unfiltered cloudy pale orange with a huge creamy head, nice retention, some sticky lacing, many clusters of fast activity, sediment at the bottom of the bottle.
Nose: bright citrusy banana wheat malts, hints of barnyard. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: very crisp, fizzy tingly
Mid-palate: (lvl-2)-sweetness, (MAIN) wheat malt, banana, light lemon
Finish: coriander, ultra-subtle hopped bitterness, banana malt DRY finish.
Summary: Decent and drinkable, but it just doesn’t leave a lasting impression. Overall it’s too dry for me.