- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.0 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Isastegi Sagardo Naturala – Sidreria Isastegi Sagardotegia, 6% ABV, 750 ml., (Tolosa, Spain)
- Style: (barrel aged) Apple Cider
- Taste: Puckery sour soft tart pukey woody apple cider vinegar
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $12.45 (after 20% off) – 750 ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: no
Visual: (cellared for 1 year). Plastic wrapped top, real cork. Pours clear pale yellow with no head, large bubbles along the glass wall, bubbles sporadically surfacing. Large sediment settled in the bottle.
Nose: tangy woody apple cider vinegar (lvl-9)-pungency
Attack: virtually flat CO2, very subtle tingly, sour-acidic impression
Mid-palate: (lvl-2-sweetness), huge wet woodiness, apple cider vinegar, big puckery sour pukey funk, subtle green apple
Finish: tart dryish, lingering woody apple juice exhale
Summary: Another traditional cider from Spain, the first Sidra Bere which I reviewed here [B]. This one is too aggressive pukey sour and is lacking in firm crispness in the entry. Too much vinegar and not enough apple coming through.