- My Rating: [A-], I gave it a (3.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
TL:DR – “Super smooth balanced tropical IPA, go get it.”
Pineapple Sculpin – Ballast Point Brewing Company, 7.0% ABV, 12 fl. oz., (San Diego, California, USA)
- Style: (flavoured – pineapple) India Pale Ale
- Taste: sweet grainy barley malt fruity apricot-pineapple subtle dry grassy bitter hop
- Where I got it : Cost Plus World Market / The Grove, LA
- How much: $2.45 USD / $3.19 CAD – 12 fl.oz., March 2018
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: Yes
- Recommended: Yes
- What made an impression: extremely easy drinkability, clean flavour
Visual: Pours translucent deep orange with a smallish 3mm head, a thin layer of fine retention, loose clusters of steady micro streams.
Nose: rich light green hoppy-honey barley malt, hints of pineapple. (lvl-7)-pungency.
Mid-palate: fruity apricot, smooth (lvl-5)-sweetness barley malt, subtle dry grassy bitter hops
Finish: grainy barley malt, subtle pineapple exhale, hints of lemon.
Summary: super smooth, virtually zero alcohol detection, masterfully crafted.