- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Imperial Russian Stout – Brouwerij Emelisse, 11% ABV, 33 cl., (Kamperland, Netherlands)
- Style: Imperial Stout
- Taste: Superbly hidden ABV smooth thick composed sweet roasted barley malt cocoa bittersweet finish
- Where I got it : Bainbridge Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $5.70 CAD (after 10% off) – 33 cl., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: worth a try
Visual: Pours jet black with a small slowly dissipating head, micro fine ringed retention with a medium island, barely visible far scattered super slow micro streams.
Nose: sweet medium roast barley malt, molasses, hints of vanilla. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: half thick-slick, subtle crisp
Mid-palate: medium-heavy thick barley malts, (lvl-7-sweetness), medium woody roast, cocoa,
Finish: background alcohol tangy on the tongue, soft burnt bittersweet, half licorice notes, vanilla, lingering roasted barley notes
Summary: 11% ABV nowhere to be seen – almost completely hidden alcohol unless you look for it. Impressively balanced sip from start to finish. It doesn’t have particularly bold flavours but what is noticeable about this one is its agreeable entry and its firm body. Great composure.