- My Rating: C+
Sir Perry Berry (flavoured Pear Cider) – William’s Orchards, 6% ABV – 500ml, (Bristol, UK)\
Ingredients: Fermented Pear Juice, Strawberry flavour, colour, yeast, ascorbic acid, carbon dioxide.
- Style: (strawberry) Flavoured Pear Cider (perry)
- Taste Profile: fading sharp sweetness -> fizzy/fake strawberry/yeast/pear -> crisp/light cloying/tangy fake strawberry finish.
- Where I got it : W.16th
- How much: ~$12 for a 4pack, Sometime in 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: no
Visual: had this laying around, finished 3 of the 4pack without reviewing, might as well since I’ve had this can for awhile. Pours pale red/orange with no head, very thin ringed retention, some activity.
Nose: half-candy/half decent strawberry aroma (but we know it’s artificial because of the ingredients list), pleasant and inviting.
Attack: 8/10-gentle fading sweetness
Mid-palate: fizzy, candy strawberry, yeast, fleeting pear flavour,
Finish: crisp, mild residual cloying sugars (chilled glass), light tangy fake strawberry finish.
Summary: It’s half-decent and okay. Nothing to rave about but decent compared to say Growers (BC cider) ciders.