- My Rating: [C+]
TL:DR – “rounded apricot-plum flavour, but tangy sourness sweetness tires the palate”
Apricot Dessert Wine 2009, 9% ABV – 375 ml., (Naramata, British Columbia, Canada) (*local BC fruit wine*
- Style: (Apricot) Dessert fruit wine
- Where I got it : Newport Liquor / Port Moody
- How much: $23 CAD –375 ml., May 2010
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Recommended: no
- What made an impression: huge fruity sourness
Visual: (cellared for 9 years). Pours slightly hazy dull copper brown, a few bubbles along the perimeter.
Attack: big sour, medium tart, juicy entry
Mid-palate: rich sour apricot, japanese plum, controlled (lvl-7-sweetness), tangy-soft acidic sour
Finish: residual sugars and tang
Summary: Lots of sourness and tanginess in this one, medium bodied with decent complexity. The flavour is mostly clean but after sipping this without a meal, the sourness becomes a bit harsh and the sweetness too candy-like. A bit above average.