- My Rating: B+
Lindemans Framboise Lambic, 2.5% ABV – 355ml, (Belgium)
on the back label:
“Lindemans Framboise is a lambic made from local barley, unmalted wheat, and wild yeast. After spontaneous fermentation raspberries are added, creating a secondary fermentation and yielding a beer of exceptional flavor and complexity.”
- Style: (raspberry) Fruit Lambic
- Taste Profile: sour-sweet/fizzy -> raspberry/tangy/tart/cassis -> mild barnyard/fruity finish.
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $14 for a gift box (2*355ml+glass) (after 10% off), December 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: in a cocktail
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: for casual drinkers/girls
Visual: foil cover, bottle capped, and finally corked – superbly sealed. Pours very dark blood red with almost no head, ringed retention, micro bubbles, lots of slow activity.
Nose: Super fruity natural raspberry juice on the nose
Attack: incoming 8/10-sourness, 6/10-sweetness, fizz-tingly mouthfeel
Mid-palate: ultra rich raspberry flavour, tangy, med tartness, hints of cassis
Finish: hints barnyard sourness, smooth med sweet fruity finish
Summary: Excellent rich raspberry flavour with good mouthfeel and drinkability.