- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Saison Framboise – Brasserie Dunham, 6.5% ABV – 18 IBU – 750 ml., (Dunham, Quebec, Canada)
“Bottle fermented ale with real raspberries”
- Style: (flavoured – Raspberry) Saison / Fruit Beer
- Taste: controlled light tart-sour-tangy sweet wheat clean raspberry soft funk
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $14.70 CAD (after 20% off) – 750 ml., October 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: good quality beer
Visual: (Cellared for 1 year). Pours cloudy hibiscus pink with super creamy 2cm lasting head, a plethora of very active micro streams. Gorgeous.
Nose: sour funk pukey, red berry fruity notes. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp-smooth, lively mouthfeel
Mid-palate: tingly, tart-short sour, (lvl-3)-sweetness, mild woody funk, wheat malt sweet, fruity raspberry
Finish: airy, slight wheat malt palate rough, residual tangy woody malt
Summary: Super clean and balanced straight out of the fridge and into a chilled glass. Surprisingly low funk and sourness for the first glass; As it warms, a bit more funk, sourness, and palate roughness emerge, but still very high quality. I would have liked more body at the finish.