- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
TL:DR – “Hoppyish mango fruit, not super juicy. Bitterness takes over. Just okay.”
Mangoes on the Run Mango IPA – Innis & Gunn, 5.6% ABV, 500 ml., (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Style: (flavoured – Mango) – IPA
- Taste: fruityish mango malty bitter hops
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $3 CAD – 500 ml., July 2018
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Recommended: nah
- What made an impression: detectable ipa and mangoness
Visual: Oversized aluminum can. Pours clear copper orange with a half island and ringed retention, steady micro streams.
Nose: bright fruity mango-citrus hop oils, very clean. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: crisp, background bitter
Mid-palate: (lvl-4-sweetness), mango fruity malt, stealth prominent bitter hops
Finish: persistent bitter hop
Summary: Decent integration of tropical hops and real mango flavour. Nothing particularly special, just overall solid.