Central City/Parallel 49 2014 Mystery Gift Holiday Countdown Calendar Day #20
- My Rating: [A], I gave it a (4.3 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Imperial Porter Bourbon Barrel Aged – Central City Brewing, 9.0% ABV – 330ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada)
-…and that’s all folks! I’ll wrap up with an overview of the 2015 calendar shortly.
on the back label:
“This rich bourbon barrel-aged small batch ale exudes deep aromas of roasted malts and bakers chocolate. Combined with a silky full body, it leaves you wanting more.”
- Style: (bourbon barrel aged) Imperial Porter
- Taste: Creamy balanced bourbon roasted toffee malt chocolate malt
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes, loved it
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 100%
Visual: Pours jet black with a large lasting creamy head, foamy 3mm layer of retention, sticky lacing, lots of micro singular streams.
Nose: oaked bourbon, roasted barley malt, fig/date. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: slick-smooth-creamy, foamy-micro-tingly mouthfeel,
Mid-palate: (lvl-6)-sweetness, stealth background tangy-sour, (MAIN) vanilla & bourbon, roasted toffee malt, background oakiness
Finish: burpy, chocolate malty, dark chocolate bitterness
Summary: Wow. One of the best local (British Columbia) craft beers I’ve had, period. Full of balanced flavour, creamy mouthfeel, and clean finish. Supremely well-hidden ABV.