- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.8 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Black IPA – Brouwerij Emelisse, 8% ABV, 33 cl., (Kamperland, Netherlands)
- Style: Black IPA / CDA
- Taste: Toasted immediate bitter hopped light coffee barley malt slight burnt long hops
- Where I got it : Bainbridge Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $6.20 CAD (after 10% off) – 33 cl., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: fabulous
Visual: Pours iced tea brown with a small creamy head, superfine sticky lancing as well as a layer of retention, sporadic bubbled streams.
Nose: sweet caramel barley malts. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: smooth-slick, fine CO2 mouthfeel, slightly watery
Mid-palate: immediate grassy bitter hops, (lvl-6-sweetness), coffee, roasty-toasty toffee barley malt,
Finish: lingering bitter hops, light burnt, dark chocolate, barley malt exhale
Summary: The attack is somewhat thin for an 8%’er but otherwise I very much liked the high quality smooth CO2 and prominent hop-roasted barley combo. I get a dark & green vibe from this one – rich yet still lush with vibrant hops. Great stuff.