- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
TL:DR – “drinks like a berry cooler, noticeable artificial sweetener after effects”
Hoegaarden Rosée (raspberry-flavoured white beer beverage) – Hoegaarden Brewery, 3.0% ABV, 250 ml., (Hoegaarden, Belgium)
Ingredients: Ale, concentrated fruit juice (raspberry, apple, strawberry, elderberry), Invert sugar, citric acid, natural raspberry flavour, acesulfame-potassium.
- Style: (flavoured beer) Cooler
- Taste: generic red berry fruity easy-drinking palate rough
- Where I got it : Firefly / Vancouver
- How much: $9 CAD (after 10% off) – 4 pack x 250 ml., February 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Recommended: no
- What made an impression: easy drinking, but damn palate rough
Visual: (cellared for 5 years). 4-pack aluminum cans. Pours clear rosé pink with a light shade of brown, fine ringed retention, a few bubbles surfacing.
Nose: berry nuanced light malt, slight cloying foreshadowing. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp bite, fruity-sweet
Mid-palate: light burpy, generic soda-esqe raspberry-strawberry, (lvl-5-sweetness)
Finish: artificial sweetener roughness, slight residual jammy fruity
Summary: Basic and drinkable, more of a party drink to wash down potluck food. You’ll get a buzz while chowing down that food to get rid of that artificial sweetener nastiness.