- My Rating: [B]
Candy Bar Milk Stout – 4 Mile Brewing Company, 6.5% ABV, 650ml., (Victoria, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft brew*)
Brewed with cacao nibs, peanut butter, vanilla beans and sea salt.
- Style: (flavoured – cacao nibs, peanut butter, vanilla beans, lactose) Sweet stout
- Taste: Soft sweet light bitter roast chocolate peanut butter light vanilla clean
- Where I got it : BC iquor Stores
- How much: $8.26 CAD – 650ml., December 2017
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Recommended: yes
- What made an impression: identifiable ingredients
Visual: Pours jet black-brown without much of a head, soda-like activity
Nose: farty nuttiness, dark chocolate. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: soft crisp, light tingly
Mid-palate: thicker mouthfeel, lactose milky, (lvl-5-sweetness), chocolate barley malt, bittersweet roast
Finish: peanut butter exhale, mild vanilla, lingering roasted malt
Summary: A delicious balance of flavours and textures with all the listed ingredients identifiable on the palate.