- My Rating: [C]
Capel Mango – Pisco Capel, 15% ABV – 700ml., (Chile)
from their site http://www.piscocapel.cl:
“This cocktail combines a delicate mango aroma with a tropical mango flavor. Its color is opaque yellow and orange with medium turbidity. The nose is intensely tropical with a clear mango character. On the palate, it has a pleasant balance of sweet tropical fruit and the citric acid taste of lemons, plus the elegance and softness of Pisco alcohol.”
- Style: Ready-to-drink Cocktail
- Taste: Fruity berry alcohol bitter sweet drinkable smooth
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores (?), no longer sold 8/2015
- How much: ~$13 – 700ml, sometime in 2011
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this at drinking parties: mostly artificial tasting, can’t love it.
Visual: Lasting whipped creamy foamy head when shaken with ice, pours opaque light orange.
Nose: sugary mango juice, light tang. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: dense cloying sugars, mint herbacious
Mid-palate: sugar-forward, (lvl-7)-sweetness, (MAIN) mango juice-syrup, alcohol bitterness
Finish: subtle spearmint extract exhale, light lime tartness, sweet fruity candy mango finish.
Summary: Nice head when shaken, simple straightforward mango taste with a minty backdrop and a mild tangy skeleton. Overall partially artificial-tasting, but drinkable. Wouldn’t want seconds.