- My Rating: [C], I gave it a [2.7 / 5] on Ratebeer.com
TL:DR – “Muddled non-cohesive cherry, malt and whisky flavours. Not great.”
Central City / Parallel 49 – 2018 Calendar Alpine Adventure Pack Day 9 (Central City) – Red Racer Summit Speakeasy Old Fashioned Extra Pale Ale, 6.5% ABV, 355 ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada) (*local BC Craft beer*)
on the label:
“Olde tyme cocktail flavour inspiration infused in a classic pale ale. All you need to know is the password. Aged on orange peels and cherries with Lohin McKinnon Single Malt Whisky, the Summit Speakeasy has notes of whisky, oak, and citrus with the warmth needed after a day on the slopes.”
Ingredients: Water, malted barley, hops, orange peel, cherries, whisky, yeast.
- Style: flavoured pale ale (orange peel, cherries, whisky)
- Taste: tangy muddled fruity malt
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $75 CAD – 24×341~355 ml., November 2018
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Recommended: nah
- What made an impression: unique flavour
Visual: Pours copper orange-reddish with lots of large suspended sediment, clustered streams.
Nose: fruity sweet whisky notes, bright. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: light crisp dull, incoming malty
Mid-palate: tart, lvl-5-sweetness, tingly fruity malt, watery whisky notes
Finish: cherry, orange peel, bloated
Summary: Flavours are kind of there but very muddled and not cohesive.