- My Rating: [C]
TL:DR – “Messy flavours, a bit of a gag reflex. Just average.”
Central City / Parallel 49 – 2018 Calendar Alpine Adventure Pack Day 3 – Red Racer Fireside Warmth (Spiced Apple Honey Saison), 6% ABV, 355 ml., (Surrey, BC, Canada) (*local BC Craft beer*)
on the back of the can:
“Inspired by a fireside spiced apple cider, warming winter spice with apple juice and a touch of heny make this a smooth and spicy take on a classic winter bevvy.”
Ingredients: Water, malted barley , oats, apple juice, honey, hops, spices, vanilla, yeast.
- Style: (spices, apple juice, honey, vanilla) Flavoured Saison
- Taste: messy spiced rough palate slightly sour barley malt
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $75 CAD – 24×341~355 ml., November 2018
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Recommended: no
- What made an impression: prominent spices
Visual: Pours clear light copper orange with no head, slow steady micro streams.
Nose: mulled spices, honey malt (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: dull tingly crisp
Mid-palate: clove/cinnamon, honey, background mild sour, rough spiced barley malt, (lvl-4-sweetness)
Finish: rough palate, browned apple
Summary: Spices are definitely there but there is no cohesion among all the ingredients. Quite messy, experimental for sure. No way does this taste like a classic spiced apple cider. At least the nose is good.