- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
TL:DR – “not the cleanest of flavours, but delivers sweet dark roasted chocolatey cherry malt”
Broken Resolution Cherry Baltic Porter (limited release) – Parallel 49 Brewing Company, 8.5% ABV, 650 ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
on the front-left label:
“The wagon didn’t want you on it anyhow. Grab ahold of something that’s worth breaking your resolution for, you filthy animal.”
Ingredients: pils, munich, crystal, chocolate, midnight wheat, magnum, mittlefrueh, saccharomyces, tart cherry puree.
- Style: (flavoured – cherry) Baltic Porter
- Taste: sweet dark roasted chocolatey muddled cherry mild sour-tart unclean
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $5.75 CAD – 650 ml., March 2018
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Recommended: not really
- What made an impression: hidden ABV
Visual: Pours dark beer bottle brown with a bit of dissipating head, ringed retention w/ a small island, tight and steady singular streams along the perimeter.
Nose: sweet dark roasted malt, chocolate-cherry overtones – very inviting. (lvl-9)-pungency.
Attack: soft crisp, incoming dark-fruity malt
Mid-palate: roasted dark chocolatey malt, slight burnt, (lvl-6-sweetness), subtle tangy-tart, light dissipating astringent sour, non-descript cherry background
Finish: cocoa, slight metallic, lingering dark roasted malt, slight woody bitter roast
Summary: Well-masked alcohol, very sippable. A good depth of aromatic roasted malt paired with a decent tangy-tart cherry backdrop. Above average, it delivers in advertised flavour, bit it comes across as brash and somewhat unclean.