- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.0 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
TL:DR – “unbalanced harsh bitter hops, lacking citrus roundness”
Hot Trub Time Machine Part 2 – Fuggles & Warlock Craftworks + Superflux Beer Company collaboration, 11% ABV – 61 IBUs, 650 ml., (Richmond, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
on the front-left label:
“Hot Trub Time Machine IPA Part 2: A juicy, dank, pineapple explosino of tropical hops! Feature Denali & Vic Secret hops. Collaboration with Superflux Beer Company. 61 IBU”
- Style: India Pale Ale
- Taste: Initial juicy pineapple fruity malt but harsh sharp lingering bitter hops
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $7.12 CAD – 650 ml., March 2018
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Recommended: nope
- What made an impression: very lengthy harsh bitter hops
Visual: Pours almost clear light golden orange with a half layer of small head, a large island with ringed retention, lots of loose clustered streams.
Nose: pineapple citrusy hopped oils, very bright (lvl-8)-pungency.
Attack: soft tingly crisp, incoming bitter hops, slight creamy
Mid-palate: aggressive bitter hops, (lvl-3-sweetness), pineapple, juicy barley malt
Finish: long lingering sharp bitter resiny hops
Summary: Big aggressive and mostly harsh bitter hops that doesn’t offer enough bold citrus to counterbalance it. After 1 glass, just average and becomes harder to finish. A disappointment since Superflux had a hand in this.