- My Rating: [C+]
TL:DR – “Just an okay plum flavour, too sour-tart without backup depth”
Plum Fruit Wine 2009 – Rustic Roots Winery, 12.0% ABV, 750 ml., (Cawston, BC, Canada) (*local BC fruit wine*)
- Style: (plum) Fruit Wine
- Taste: Sour tangy soft plum light cherry cloying tartness
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N.Bby
- How much: $27 CAD – 750 ml., sometime in 2010
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: No
- Recommended: nah
- What made an impression: big sour-tangy cloying acidity
Visual: (cellared for 9 years). Pours dark magenta with thick sediment at the bottom of the bottle.
Nose: sour plum, hints of cherry (lvl-5)-pungency.
Attack: tart-dense fruity
Mid-palate: alcohol laced-sour tangy plum, cloying tart acidity, (lvl-3-sweetness)
Finish: residual tangy sour acidity
Summary: Okay plum flavour, but an overly aggressive sour-tangy-tart component accompanied by a readily detectable alcohol presence.