- My Rating: [A-], I gave it a (3.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Double Cyclope – Brasserie Dunham, 8.6% ABV – 341 ml., (Dunham, Quebec, Canada)
3x dry-hopped. Hops: citra, ekuanot, el dorado, mosaic, amarillo
- Style: Double IPA / Imperial IPA
- Taste: big bright orange citrus bitter resiny hop sweet toffee malt
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $4.90 CAD (after 20% off) – 341 ml., October 2017
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Recommended: yes
- What made an impression: big bright orange citrus hops
Visual: Pours clear honey orange without much of a head, a hazy spotty micro layer with ring, lots of singular fast and slow steady streams.
Nose: bright tangerine-mandarin orange hop oils, hints of pomelo. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: thicker crisp, fruity citrus impression
Mid-palate: mild alcoholic heaviness, (lvl-4-sweetness), fruity tangerine toffee malt, metallic-resiny bitter
Finish: grapefruit-tangerine exhale, lingering soft bitter orange citrus hops
Summary: Big all around fruity orange citrus notes with soft bitter resiny hops and a solid malt backbone. Very sippable and went down with ease. Quite boozy by the last sip. Recommended.