- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Fresh Roast Ale – Rogue Ales, 5.7% ABV – 37 IBUs, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Newport, Oregon, USA)
printed on the back:
“Rogue Fresh Roast is made with Rogue Farms barley fresh roasted at the brewery. The barley is taken directly out of the roaster and rushed 273 feet over to the brew kettle. We don’t think it gets much fresher than that, and we know you’ll taste the difference”
- Style: Brown Ale
- Taste: Toasted toffee barley malt cocoa nutty subtle bittersweet
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $9.10 (after 20% off) – 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., October 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Recommended: 50/50
- What made an impression: good length of caramel barley malt
Visual: (cellared for 1 year). Pours beer bottle brown with minimal dissipating head, thin ringed retention, spotty island, tight clustered steady micro streams.
Nose: caramelized barley malt, cognac nuances (lvl-4)-pungency
Mid-palate: (lvl-4-sweetness), toasted caramel barley malt, semi-dry cocoa, nutty overtones
Finish: subtle bittersweetness, residual malt exhale
Summary: Decent drinkability and balance. Medium bodied, but I wished for more fullness.