- My Rating: [A-]
Red Salmonberry Wine – Kermode Wild Berry Wines, 12% ABV, 375 ml., (Dewdney, BC, Canada) (*local BC Wine*)
on the back label:
“Red Salmonberry (Rubus spectabilis). Sweet Flavour, exceptional color and a truly lovely bouquet, are the signatures of this delicate wine. Salmonberries are harvested from the south coast of BC to as far North as the mystic Queen Charlottle Islands. These berries turn from a fun childhood treat found on walks in the woods into a very grown-up dessert wine perfect for sharing with that special someone.”
- Style: (fruit – Red Salmonberry) Dessert Wine
- Taste: Cherry-cranberry-pomegranate red fruity controlled sugars short tangy clean sippable
- Where I got it : Liquor Depot @Cambie / Vancouver
- How much: $25 CAD – 375 ml., sometime in ’11-’12
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to fruit wine aficionados: yes!
- What was most impressionable: big depth of berry flavour
Visual: (cellared for at least 5 years). Pours clear dark plum, a few bubbles in the glass.
Nose: fruity tart grape-raspberry, alcoholic backdrop. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: fruity sweet impression
Mid-palate: controlled (lvl-6-sweetness), cherry-cranberry-pomegranate blend, light tart, tangy short acidity
Finish: residual fruity sugars, mild alcohol warmth
Summary: Super red fruity while having a solid depth, controlled sugars and acidity, and a pleasant and clean finish. Supremely sippable. This would do wonders in a cocktail. I would buy another bottle if I ever see it again.