- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Obsidian Stout – Deschutes Brewery, 6.4% ABV, 12 fl.oz., (Bend, Oregon, USA)
- Style: (dryish) Stout
- Taste: Dryish bitter roasted coffee fruity barley malt lingering roast bitter
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / Burnaby
- How much: $3.50 CAD (after 10% off) – 12 fl.oz., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: sure
Visual: (cellared for 1 year). Pours ultra dark brown without a head but temporary surfacing bubbles, thin ringed retention, barely visible singular micro streams.
Nose: toffee malt, sweet cocoa, chocolate truffle. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: off-dry crisp, roasty malt impression
Mid-palate: background controlled acidity, (lvl-3-sweetness), coffee fruity overtones, medium dry roasted barley malt
Finish: long-lingering medium bitter dry woody roast, roasted exhale
Summary: Lots of lengthy roasted malts with a just enough sweetness and acidity to balance it out. Medium bodied, low creaminess. Smooth drinkability.