- My Rating: [B]
Strawberry Wine – Rossignol Estate Winery, 11% ABV – 750 ml., (Little Sands, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
description from the Rossignol website:
“Warm island summers provide bountiful crops from which we produce this fresh-flavoured strawberry wine. A trio of juicy sweet varieties create a perfect aperitif to serve with aged cheese.”
- Style: (strawberry) Fruit Wine
- Taste: Tangy-zingy juicy fleshy bright strawberry alcoholic slight cloying
- Where I got it : ordered from their website/phone
- How much: $19 CAD (after S&H) – 750 ml., March 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to fruit wine aficionados: yes
Visual: Non-vintage, cellared for 4 years. Pours light cherry red, clear as water, micro bubbles settled at the bottom of the glass.
Nose: clean strawberry juicy syrup with a bit of tang. (lvl-7)-intensity
Attack: big red fruity impression
Mid-palate: tangy acidity, alcohol detection, juicy fleshy strawberry, slight candied (lvl-5-sweetness)
Finish: slight cloying, strawberry syrup exhale
Summary: Plenty of authentic strawberry body, good depth and body, very enjoyable except for a mild alcoholic intrusion creeping the mids until the finish. One of the more authentic flavoured fruit wines I’ve had to date.