- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.0 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Rieser Hefe-Weisen – Ankerbräu Nördlingen, 5.2% ABV, 500 ml., (Nördlingen, USA)
“Rieser Hefe-Weizen is a topfermented, unfiltered, bottle conditioned specialty. Mild, fruity and yeast in the flavor. Brewed according to the German Purity Law. Ingredients are locally grown and premium quality. Ingredients: water, wheatmalts, barleymalts and yeast.”
- Style: German Hefeweizen
- Taste: Off-dry apple grainy wheat barley malt
- Where I got it : Taphouse / W.Van
- How much: $3 CAD – 500 ml., September 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nah
Visual: (cellared for 5 years). Pours cloudy orange with a small 2mm head, scattered steady loose streams.
Nose: apple malt, slightly musky. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: off-dry grainy malt impression
Mid-palate: tingly, (lvl-3-sweetness), sweet barley malt, apple background
Finish: mildly palate rough, slight woody-apple exhale, residual grain
Summary: Crisp and clean, pretty average body and taste. Apple wheat-barley grainy, not too special. Meal beer.