- My Rating: [C+]
Moscato IGT (Indicazione Geografica Tipica) Veneto – Sacchetto, 7% ABV, 750 ml., (Trebaseleghe, Italy)
more information about this moscato on their Italian website: www.sacchettovini.it
- Style: (frizzante, aperitif) Moscato IGT
- Where I got it : 16th St Liquor / West Vancouver
- How much: $16 CAD (after 10% off) – 750 ml., August 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to sparkling wine aficionados: nah
Visual: (cellared for 5 years). Non-vintage. Resealable bailer-top bottle. Pours clear light sunshine yellow with tight large bubbles hugging the side of the glass, sporadic surfacing bubbles, a few singular slow steady small bubble streams. Frizzante.
Nose: lemon curd, apple-pineapple, partial wine acidity (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: dense sugars, sweet & fruity impression
Mid-palate: tingly mouthfeel, (lvl-8-sweetness), med-high sour/slight tangy, apple juice, lemony, white table grape, green apple
Finish: residual fruitness-sour
Summary: Very fruity forward with a big sweetness to back it up. The good thing is that there’s a density of flavour that accompanies the sugars. Slightly cloying and predicable in flavour, not quite a tropical and bright as I had hoped.