- My Rating: [B+], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Cold Brew IPA – Rogue Ales, 7.5% ABV, 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., (Newport, Oregon, USA)
on the front right:
“Dedicated to two of our favorite things
Rogue Cold Brew IPA is a hoppy IPA blended with 200 gallons of Stumptown Coffee Roasters‘ famous Cold Brew Coffee in every batch. Brewed to awaken your senses, Cold Brew IPA opens with a huge hit of coffee aroma that is balanced by a not-so-subtle hop punch.
Brewed using 14 ingredients:
2-Row, Rogue Farms Dare™ & Risk™, C-40, White Wheat, Rolled Oats and Kiln Coffee Malts; Rogue Farms Liberty, Rebel, and Freedom Hops, and Simcoe Hops; Stumptown Cold Brew Coffee, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast.”
- Style: (flavoured – cold brew coffee) India Pale Ale
- Taste: Bursting hazelnutty cocoa nib cold brew coffee barley malt lingering roast coffee integrated bitter hops
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $9.10 (after 20% off) – 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., October 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 100%
Visual: Pours clear dark copper brown with a spotty layer of 1mm fine retention, loose clusters of active fast streams.
Nose: nutty cocoa nib, hazelnut soft roasted coffee bean (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: crisp, soft smooth-creamy, bursting sweet nutty malt flavour
Mid-palate: intermixed background bitter hops, (lvl-4-sweetness), cocoa nib, hazelnutty short bitter roasted cold brew coffee, sweet barley malt
Finish: lingering roasted coffee, residual hopped sharp bitter
Summary: Wow, wicked flawless integration of bitterness of IPA with the nutty notes of cold brew coffee. Bursting with flavour from the get go, I’m impressed by the fluidy of flavours and the balance of all the components. Awesome attack of that grabs your attention right away.