- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Enigma Kettle Sour – R&B Brewing Co., 6.5% ABV – 18 IBUs, 650 ml., (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
on the front label:
“A pleasantly tart kettle soured ale, dry hopped with enigma and galaxy hops and fermented with our favourite Belgian yeast strain. Dominant flavours are tropical fruits, pinot gris and citrus combined with subtle spicy yeast character.”
- Style: Sour/Wild Ale
- Taste: Tart tangy peachy-mango sour off-dry light malt balanced
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $7.30 CAD (after 20% off) – 650 ml., October 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes
Visual: Pours clear light copper orange with a a large dissipating foamy head, a touch of lacing, clusters of steady streams.
Nose: fruity peachy-mango, slight hop grassy (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: tart-crisp, med-high sour, tingly CO2, tart fruity malt impression
Mid-palate: soft creamy CO2, persistent tart-sour, (lvl-2-sweetness), tangy peach-apricot, light barley malt
Finish: short subtle prickly spice, peachy hop exhale, puckery gums
Summary: Big tropical fruity tart sourness as advertised, balanced nicely and never too aggressive or cloying. Decent body and all around pleasant.