- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Blazing Arrow Tawny IPA – Parallel 49 Brewing & Scuttlebutt Brewing Collaboration, 6.0% ABV, 650ml, (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
on the 4-pack bomber box:
“Blaze one down as you sip on this tawny IPA that has enough malt character to balance out the massive amount of hops in this beer. You down with H.O.P? Ya, you know me.”
- Style: India Pale Ale
- Taste: 60/40-malt-citrusy bready barley malt soft bitter hopped finish
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $28.75 CAD / 4-pack of 650ml., March 2017
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not worth buying the 4-pack
Visual: In a mixed 2017 4-pack of bombers. Pours clear copper orange without much of a lasting head, ringed retention, countable clustered fast streams.
Nose: tangerine peel, sweet citrusy bready malt. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: soft crisp, sweet malt/soft hop impression
Mid-palate: slight creamier/thick, (lvl-4-sweetness), big orange-citrusy-malt presence, mild dry grassed out hop
Finish: soft tart, soft bitter citrus hop
Summary: A good 60/40-malt-citrus hop balance with a decently smooth and fullish mouthfeel.