- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Baby Got Back Hoppy Hefe – Parallel 49 Brewing & Scuttlebutt Brewing Collaboration, 6.5% ABV, 650ml, (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
on the 4-pack bomber box:
“This Bavarian style hip hop n’weizen boasts traditional flavours of clove and banana. This Hef is backed by badonkadonk aromas of melon imparted by the hops.”
- Style: German Hefeweizen
- Taste: Big banana wheat malt mild wheat malt roughness
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $28.75 CAD / 4-pack of 650ml., March 2017
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: not worth buying the 4-pack
Visual: In a mixed 2017 4-pack of bombers. Pours clear pale orange with a very small head, a thin half-layer of micro retention, a good spread of clustered steady streams.
Nose: banana wheat malt, a bit of bubblegum. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: soft crisp, slightly thicker mouthfeel, fruity banana malt impression
Mid-palate: banana wheat malt, (lvl-3-sweetness), tangy-very mild bitterness
Finish: major clove/mild melon exhale, slight wheat malt palate rough, subtle stealth
Summary: Easy drinkability, mostly banana wheat malt with some minor clove and melon nuances. Fairly clean but some noticeable wheat malt roughness at the finish. Decent, but not noteworthy.