- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.6 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
La Maison Wild Saison – Four Winds Brewing Co., 4.5% ABV – 30 IBU, 650 ml, (Delta, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer*)
on the back label:
“A delicately light body with a pale golden hue, this dry table saison is brewed with spelt and rye and then fermented with wild yeasts for notes of pepper and tropical fruits. This beer is the part of Notus Series. The Notus series, named after the Greek God of the South Winds, is a series of low-ABV brews that are as flavoured as they are approachable.”
- Style: (Wild, table) Saison
- Taste: Full crisp peach-pineapple wheat malt subtle pepper subtle bitter
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $5.50 CAD (after 20% off) – 650 ml., October 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes, full for a 4.5%
Visual: Pours with a massive 50/50 head/beer ratio, ultra foamy and lasting, heaps of clustered fast active streams, sticky lacing. Gorgeous.
Nose: light chamomile, a bit of peachy-pineapple. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: full airy CO2-crisp, off-dry tropical wheat malt impression
Mid-palate: (lvl-3-sweetness), pineapple-peach wheat malt, subdued lemon sour-tanginess, controlled wheat malt palate roughness
Finish: yeasty very subtle bitter, trace rye prickly pepper
Summary: Surprisingly sufficiently full-flavoured for a 4.5%, with a very welcoming crisp mouthfeel. Slightly thinnish in the mids after a glass or two but nice with a meal.