- My Rating: [A], I gave it a (4.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Beer Geek Breakfast (Oatmeal stout brewed with coffee) – brewed at Lervig Aktiebryggeri, Norway, 7.5% ABV, 11.2 fl.oz., (Copenhagen N, Denmark)
info from ratebeer.com:
“An oatmeal stout with 25.0% oat-based ingredients and a nice touch of gourmet coffee. A beer that goes extremely well with breakfast.”
Ingredients : Water, malt (pils, oat, smoked, caramunich, brown, pale chocolate and chocolate), roasted barley, flaked oats, hops (centennial and cascade), ale yeast and gourmet coffee.
- Style: (flavoured – oatmeal, coffee) Stout
- Taste: Clean deep roast bittersweet coffee subdued fruity sour roasted barley malt
- Where I got it : Stearns / LA
- How much: $7 USD – 11.2 fl. oz., September 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yep, would like to stock a few bottles for reference
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: YES
Visual: (cellared for 2 years). Old label prior to 2017. Pours jet black with just a bit of bubbles, thin ringed retention. Some barely visible bubbles surfacing.
Nose: roasted liquid barley and roasted coffee mix, hints of alcohol. Fairly clean. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: slightly thicker-light crisp, oily roasted coffee impression
Mid-palate: clean deep roast coffee, background subdued coffee sour-fruity note, (lvl-4-sweetness), sweet roasted barley
Finish: pleasant roasted bittersweet coffee exhale, off-dry dark chocolate
Summary: All around super clean and virtually no alcohol detection – ABV just right. Wickedly sippable with balanced bittersweet roasted coffee and barley notes. This makes me want to try the other BGB variants.