- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Fameuse 2011 (apple cider and plum wine blend) – Rustic Roots Winery, 11.5% ABV, 750 ml., (Cawston, BC, Canada) (*local BC cider*)
description from the Rustic Roots website, and a photo of a Fameuse apple and Santa Rosa plums:
“This beautiful sparkling Rosé, made with the Fameuse Apples from the almost Century Old Fameuse Apple tree that stands as our label, is blended with 30% Santa Rosa Plum. Aromas of Apple Blossom, Strawberry, Raspberry and a touch of caramel are well balanced on the palate with creamy bubbles that roll across the finish.”
- Style: (flavoured – 30% Santa Rose Plum) Apple Cider
- Taste: Fizzy-frothy semi-sweet apple juicy straw/raspberry soft tangy acidic
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $23 CAD (after 10% off) – 750ml., September 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to fruit wine aficionados: way, yes way
Visual: (cellared for 6 years). Quality frosted hefty bottle & sturdy cap. Pours light blush pink with a plethora of clustered champagne-like activity, quickly dissipating soda-like 1cm head.
Nose: mainly semi-sweet apple juice with a bit of alcohol detection and slight berry notes. (lvl-4)-pungency
Attack: fizzy-tingly-crisp, fruity slight acidic impression
Mid-palate: fizzy-frothy mouthfeel, green apple, apple wine tangy acidity, (lvl-3-sweetness), mild strawberry, background red apple juice, subtle short sour
Finish: hint of raspberry, lingering tart sticky gums, mild alcoholic bitter, fruity apple exhale
Summary: Full flavour bouquet at 16°C. Lots of lively mouthfeel here with a solid-bodied fruity apple-berry chassis. Its semi-sweet sugar level is appreciated as it doesn’t leave a cloying feeling in the mouth. Would be excellent with a meal.