- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
India Pale Ale – Breakside Brewery, 6.8% ABV, 1 pt 6 fl.oz., (Portland, Oregon, USA)
“Our take on the classic India Pale ale style – the favorite craft beer of the Northwest. This amber colored brew is loaded with four different types of hops during the brew day and then gets dry hopped. Our IPA has a huge citrus and pine character with a strong, but refined bitterness. ”
- Style: India Pale Ale
- Taste: Dry grassy pine soft tangerine toffee barley malt resin residual bitter grassy hops
- Where I got it : High Point / Vancouver
- How much: $7.90 (after 20% off) – 1 pt. 6 fl.oz., October 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: yes
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: a solid IPA
Visual: Pours almost opaque dull orange-light copper brown without a significant head, thin ringed retention with a holey island, a bit of fine lacing, steady spread out singular streams.
Nose: clean resiny tangerine citrus hopped malt. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: very crisp bite, subtle incoming bitterness
Mid-palate: light tingly, crystal clean soft bright tangerine, (lvl-5-sweetness), toffee barley malt, dry-pine overtones
Finish: resiny soft bitter hops, long residual pine-grassy hopped bitterness, subtle citrus exhale
Summary: A pretty well-rounded IPA with alternating citrus-grassy pine reverberations from start to finish. A tad too dry and grassy for my liking; I prefer more citrusy notes.