- My Rating: B
Fortified Raspberry fruit wine (Non-vintage) – Wellbrook Winery, 16% ABV – 375 ml., (Delta, BC, Canada) (*local BC fruit wine*)
- Style: (Fruit – Raspberry) Fortified Fruit Wine
- Taste: Rich tangy-zingy sour raspberry juice integrated alcohol
- Where I got it : @Winery
- How much: $22 (after 5% off) – 375ml., November 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: yep!
Visual: Real cork. Pours blood red, ultra clear and thicker viscosity.
Nose: bursting tangy raspberry juice with some currant and alcohol in the backend – awesome. (lvl-10)-pungency
Attack: tingly-tangy, dense fruity raspberry
Mid-palate: (lvl-7-sweetness), big tangy-zingy-sour alcohol, tangy raspberry juice,
Finish: fruity tart, red/black currant/raspberry depth, soft alcoholic throat warmth, lingering tangy acidity.
Summary: Consistent with their Blackberry [B] and Cranberry [B-] fortified wines, this raspberry is also full of authentic berry depth and a structured alcoholic body. It gets somewhat more aggressive at is warms, but is still very engaging.