- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Shawinigan Hankshake – Le Trou Du Diable, 6.5% ABV, 600ml., (Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada)
–This blog is now at Justintoxicate.com !
on the back label:
“Shawinigan Handshake is a hazy, peach-coloured beer with notes of bread, banana and spruce, reflecting the flavours of German yeast and Chinook hops. With explosive effervescence, the palate first evokes flavours of banana followed by a dry, spruce finish.”
Ingredients: water, malted barley, malted wheat, hops, yeast.
- Style: Weizen Bock
- Taste: Bright banana wheat malt subtle bready barley malt
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $8.50 (after 10% off) – 600ml., November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: 50/50
Visual: (Their own bottle for their brewery, raised lettering and devil on the bottom, odd size 600ml). Pours almost clear pale light orange with smallish dissipating head, ringed retention, clusters of fast active streams.
Nose: light peachy banana wheat malt. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: smooth thick CO2, micro-tingly crisp
Mid-palate: bright fruity banana, (lvl-4-sweetness), pineapple grainy wheat malt, tangy light alcohol
Finish: bready barley malt, banana wheat malt exhale
Summary: Solid quality mouthfeel and a robust wheat-barley malt body. It made me feel bloated one glass in though.