- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
North Shore Pale Ale – Bridge Brewing, 5.5% ABV, 650ml., (North Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
printed on the front-right label:
“Our North Shore Pale Ale is a local secret – full-bodied with a copper colour and a sweet, mild caramel flavour. The finish is crisp and full of hops. This is a highly drinkable and approachable ale, great for making friends on the trial or buttering up the family.”
- Style: American Pale Ale
- Taste: Creamy smooth heavyish sweet toasted barley malt mild orange citrus hops
- Where I got it : BC Liquor Stores
- How much: $6 – 650ml., November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours clear dark copper with a very creamy 1cm head, 1mm layer of retention, clusters of very active streams, sticky lacing.
Nose: orange citrusy hops mixed with yellow florals, toffee barley malt. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: smooth creamy crisp
Mid-palate: fluffy CO2, (lvl-6-sweetness), bready toffee barley malt, light tangy-zingy alcohol
Finish: mild orange citrus hops, residual toasted barley malt
Summary: A pretty good full and creamy mouthfeel on this one, as well as a good balance of malt and hop presence. A bit heavy for a 5.5%, 1 glass is enough.