- My Rating: [B+]
Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve 2008 Champagne, 12% ABV – 750ml., (Reims, France)
-Happy 2017! Another year, another 365 days of tasting to look forward to. May this year be even more prosperous and joyous than the last!
- Style: (Champagne) Sparkling Wine
- Taste: Dry nutty dense white grape-pear slight lemon curd
- How much: $70 – 750ml, BC Liquor Stores
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to champagne aficionados: sure
Visual: 2008 Vintage. Pours clear golden yellow with the typical torrent of large bubbly clustered streams. Lively and gorgeous.
Nose: peanutty-kinako 黄粉 (roasted soybean) – unique. (lvl-8)-pungency
Attack: crisp, tart, bright acidity
Mid-palate: soft sour, ultra firm crisp acidic bite, (lvl-1-sweetness), asian pear, lemon curd, dense non-sweet white grape juice
Finish: residual tartness,
Summary: The Charles Heidsieck certainly has a unique pronounced peanut buttery-kinako presence that is both delicious and interesting. Lots of dryness backup up by the lively fruitness and firm acidity. There’s nothing quite like Champagne and rightly so.