- My Rating: [B]
Strawberry Dessert Wine (NV)- Sanduz Estate Winery (now named Canada Berries), 16% ABV, 375 ml., (Richmond, BC, Canada) (*local BC wine*)
- Style: (strawberry) Dessert Wine
- Taste: Eau-de-vie alcoholic soft prickly strawberry throat heat
- Where I got it : @Winery / Richmond
- How much: $26 – 375 ml., October 2014
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to dessert wine aficionados: worth a try if they still sell it
Visual: (cellared for 2 years). Real cork. Pours dark ruby red with a hint of purple, clear and thicker viscosity.
Nose: fragrant luscious tangy strawberry juice – Immaculate. (lvl-10)-pungency
Attack: background off-dry alcohol
Mid-palate: (lvl-5-sweetness), mild strawberry jam, eau-de-vie alcohol, prickly tangy acidity
Finish: throat heat alcohol attack, strawberry exhale
Summary: An incredibly inviting real strawberry nose starts it off nicely. Its sweetness is rather tame of a dessert wine; I suspect this has been fortified because I detect a prominent eau-de-vie presence in the mids that carries through to the finish. About 60/40-alcohol/fruitiness ratio. Not your typical syrupy sweet dessert fruit wine, quite sippable.