- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Euphora Belgian-Style Tripel – Ruckus Brewing Co., 9.0% ABV, 12 fl.oz., (formerly in Harrisburg, PA. Now New York, NY, USA)
- Style: (Belgian-style) Tripel (9%)
- Taste: Sweet heavy alcohol prune-candi barley malt subtle citrus woody spices
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $16 CAD / 4-pack (after 10% off), October 2012
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes definitely
Visual: (cellared for 4 years) Pours pale medium brown without a significant head, fine ringed retention, clusters of steady micro streams.
Nose: prune, candi sugared barley malt. (lvl-6)-pungency
Attack: incoming heavy, soft crisp
Mid-palate: thicker viscosity, alcohol heaviness, prune, orange citrus, slight sour woody malted barley
Finish: residual sugars, nutmeg/other spice
Summary: Mildly interesting because of the spices in the mids and finish, but otherwise too heavy and coarse for my liking.