- My Rating: [B-], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Kapittel Watou Prior – Brouwerij Van Eecke, 9% ABV, 75cl., (Poperinge-Watou, Belgium)
- Style: Belgian Strong Ale (9%)
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor
- How much: $4.60 CAD (after 10% off), December 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: yes definitely
Visual: Pours dirty reddish brown with a 1cm head, 2mm super foamy retention, clusters upon clusters of fast active micro streams. Delectable.
Nose: brown sugar+candi sugar, date barley malt, prune. (lvl-9)-pungency
Attack: thick-crisp, creamy
Mid-palate: alcoholic heavy, (lvl-8-sweetness), dates, molasses-bready barley malt
Finish: nutmeg exhale, off dry woody hops, residual toasted barley malt
Summary: The barley malt-date flavour is decently interesting with some spice notes to that travel alongside it. The alcoholic heaviness detracts from the experience, but in the end you get a creeper buzz. The quality and richness are there although I’d rather try something else next session.