- My Rating: [C]
Valley Girl Brand Blueberry 190 Fruit Wine – The Fort Wine Company, 13.0% ABV, 375 ml., (Fort Langley, BC, Canada) (*local BC fruit wine*)
on the back label:
“Fraser Valley blueberries are famous for their ripe juiciness and wonderful flavour. From this local harvest, our winery produces a delicious blueberry wine that is bound to surprise, and even astonish.”
- Style: (Blueberry) Fruit Wine
- Taste: Average off-dry medium body blueberry-cassis
- Where I got it : somewhere in Vancouver
- How much: $10 CAD – 375 ml., sometime in 2009
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to fruit wine aficionados: nah
Visual: (cellared for 7 years). Synthetic cork. Pours deep purplish-currant with a bit of sediment.
Nose: tangy alcoholic blueberry-cassis that has been wine’d (lvl-)-pungency
Attack: slightly juicy
Mid-palate: sour-tangy acidity, (lvl-2-sweetness), blueberry, mild cassis, hints of smokiness
Finish: tart, blueberry exhale
Summary: Drinkable, a 50-50 balance of alcohol and dull blueberry flavour. Not the bright type of wine, darker and drier. Just average, reflected in the price.