- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Everybody Pogo Hoppy Cider, 6.7% ABV, 500 ml., (Portland, Oregon, USA)
on the front-left label:
“Everybody Pogo weds organically grown Wilamette Valley hops with apples grown in The Yakima and Hood River Valleys. Fermented with ale yeast to create a quenching dry cider.”
- Style: (hopped) Dry Apple Cider
- Taste: DULL soft tangy floral non-bitter hopped dry soft fruity apple slight tart
- Where I got it : Brewery Creek
- How much: $12.75 CAD (after 10% off) – 500 ml., March 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: not really
Visual: Pours light orange with lots of suspended sediment, no head, supremely thin ringed retention, no activity.
Nose: light tangy sour apple juice mixed with some honey. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: dry, dull flat
Mid-palate: tangy-acidic, soft sour, soft apple fruit, (lvl-1-sweetness), grassy floralness non-bitter hops
Finish: dry light-med tart, white wine perfumey exhale, residual apple flavour
Summary: Not your typical juicy sweet cider, but instead a nuanced dry cider lacking in carbonated crispness. Okay with a meal, not terribly engaging or to my palate’s liking.