- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (2.9 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Bourbon Blood Orange Wheat Ale – Bridge Brewing, 5.5% ABV, 650ml., (North Vancouver, BC, Canada) (*local BC craft beer)
printed on the front-right label:
“This American wheat ale is a crisp, refreshing summer brew. Pouring a hazy straw colour this beer was brewed with the addition of fresh blood oranges and bourbon. Zesty and floral, with clean citrus flavours and a moderate bitterness this beer is ideal for a warm summer day. ”
- Style: (flavoured – blood orange, bourbon) Wheat Ale
- Taste: Soft short bourbon orange grainy barley malt no carry
- Where I got it : Liquor Barn / N.Bby
- How much: $7.75 (after 10% off) – 650ml., December 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Pours bright copper brown with a medium frothy head, 1cm lasting retention, clustered active streams.
Nose: orange citrusy hops (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: soft crisp
Mid-palate: metallic orange background, light bourbon, 20/80-wheat/barley, (lvl-3-sweetness), honey, light-bodied
Finish: grainy barley exhale
Summary: Not a lot of fullness, thin and lacking carry. Drinkable but not a lot of pop.