- My Rating: [A], I gave it a (4.1 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Tangerine Soul Style IPA – Green Flash Brewing Company, 6.5% ABV – 75 IBU, 12 fl. oz., (San Diego, California, USA)
on the front-right label:
“Enoy a SoCal summer year round with Tangerine Soul Style IPA. This delectable brew is a one-way ticket to taste bud paradise. Relax and take in the brilliant golden orange color and fresh aroma of effervescent tangerine and orange. Tangerine zest carries throughout, accented by bright, flowery tropical flavors and a sweet finish. Brewed with American caramel malts and a blend of Simcoe, Citra and Cascade hops, this is a beautiful brew to behold. ” Best by 04 NOV 16
- Style: (flavoured – tangerine zest) India Pale Ale
- Taste: Bright aromatic tangerine zest citrusy barley malt soft bitter hops
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N.Bby
- How much: $2.50 (after 20% off) – 12 fl.oz., October 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: YES
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: awesome
Visual: Pours a deep tangerine orange with suspended sediment, a lasting super creamy 1mm head, half sticky lacing, lots of activity.
Nose: faint citrus hops, tangerine juice. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: crisp bite, smooth entry
Mid-palate: fine CO2, (lvl-4-sweetness), bright tangerine zest, clean citrusy barley malt
Finish: tangerine peel oil exhale, soft bitter hops
Summary: Wow, such a balanced and fragrant IPA. The tangerine zest adds a very clean and flavourful boost to the existing citrus notes from the hops. A grade higher than the original Soul Style and something I would definitely drink again.