- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.5 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Chaider Spiced Chai – Schilling Company, 6.2% ABV, 22 fl.oz., (Auburn, Washington, USA)
Ingredients: Fresh pressed apple juice, custom organic Dragonfly Chai Mix (Rooibos, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, Black Pepper, Ginger, Proprietary Spice Blend), Yeast.
- Style: (spiced – chai spices) Apple Cider
- Taste: Easy-going pronounced cinnamon-clove juicy apple-pear
- Where I got it : Uwajimaya / Seattle
- How much: $7.88 USD = $10.18 CAD – 22 fl.oz., October 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to cider aficionados: 50/50, it worked for me
Visual: Pours clean apple juice yellow with shade of brown, ringed retention no major head, clusters of slow steady streams.
Nose: huge cinnamon-nutmeg-cardamom-clove spice blend, brown sugar-honey (lvl-10)-pungency
Attack: mild crisp, fruity sweet
Mid-palate: mildly cloying (lvl-7-sweetness), clove, subtle ginger, apple-pear juice, medium tangy-light acidic, light caramelized brown sugar
Finish: soft tart palate roughness, lingering apple juice sugars, light honey, cinnamon bark exhale
Summary: Aromatically gorgeous. Very flavourfully spiced, me being a big fan of masala chai. There’s a bit of dullness in the apple but the spices keep it lively. It goes down very easily.