- My Rating: [B]
Strawberry Rhubarb – Rossignol Estate Winery, 12% ABV – 750 ml., (Murray River, Prince Edward Island, Canada)
- Style: (Strawberry, Rhubarb) Fruit Wine
- Taste: Tangy dense caramelized strawberry jam subtle tart vanilla raspberry
- Where I got it : ordered from their website/phone
- How much: $21 CAD (after S&H) – 750 ml., March 2013
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: might put in another later
- Would I recommend this to fruit wine aficionados: sure
Visual: Non-vintage, cellared for 3 years. Pours clear golden marmalade orange with a few micro bubbles settled at the bottom of the glass.
Nose: tangy sweet strawberry jam, hints of vanilla. (lvl-7)-intensity
Attack: incoming big fruity sweetness-
Mid-palate: half-cloying (lvl-8-sweetness), tangy strawberry jam, subtle rhubarb tart, caramelized fruit sugar
Finish: light alcohol heat, hints of vanilla, raspberry exhale, mild watery viscosity
Summary: Super fruity, a bit cloying but lots of likeable strawberry-raspberry character with just a bit of spice and tartness. Very sippable, quite delicious.