- My Rating: [C], I gave it a (2.7 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Royal Jamaican Alcoholic Ginger Beer – Big City Brewing Company, 5% ABV, 330ml., (Kingston, Jamaica)
info from ratebeer.com
“Brewed using the finest Jamaican Ginger, considered to be the finest in the world. Other ingredients include Cascade hops, Jamaican cane sugar, and Royal Jamaican new crop rum.”
- Style: (flavoured – Jamaican ginger, cane sugar, rum)
- Taste: Cane sugary sweet BIG throat heat-warmth soft ginger
- Where I got it : ??? / Vancouver
- How much: ~$4 CAD – 330ml., ???
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: no
Visual: Cheap label. Pours pale straw white wine yellow with no head and barely any carbonation.
Nose: ginger beer soda – cane sugar and ginger overtones. (lvl-5)-pungency
Attack: light syrupy thicker, low CO2
Mid-palate: big (lvl-9-sweetness), med-high throat HEAT, mellow ginger flavour, cane sugar
Finish: lingering throat warmth, subtle diluted rum caramels
Summary: This drinks like an aggressively sweetened cooler but at least there’s the big ginger throat heat that keeps it interesting texturally. The barley malt is nowhere in sight.