- My Rating: [B], I gave it a (3.4 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Even Keel Session IPA – Ballast Point Brewing Company, 3.8% ABV, 12 fl.oz., (San Diego, California, USA)
- Style: India Session Ale / ISA
- Taste: Super sessionable light-full smooth tangerine tangy resin barley malt soft bitter hops
- Where I got it : Legacy Liquor / Vancouver
- How much: $3.40 (after 5% off) – 12 fl.oz., November 2015
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nah
Visual: Pours golden copper orange without much of a head, a very thin fine hazy layer of retention, suspended nano-sediment, lots of slow singular streams.
Nose: hints of tangerine-mango hopped barley malt. (lvl-3)-pungency
Attack: full smooth CO2 mouthfeel, crisp bite
Mid-palate: (lvl-3)-sweetness, tangerine-orange, metallic-resiny barley malt
Finish: residual tangy-tingly, grapefruit exhale, soft bittersweet hops
Summary: Smooth, fine, and full mouthfeel accompanied by a good malt backbone and vibrant citrus hops – another great quality brew along the lines of their Sculpin. Only just a touch of thinness but actually quite nice for only 3.8%.