- My Rating: [C+], I gave it a (3.2 of 5) on Ratebeer.com
Boulevard Smokestack Series: Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale – Boulevard Brewing Company, 8.5% ABV, 355 ml., (Kansas city, Missouri, USA)
- Style: Saison
- Taste: Grain alcohol soapy banana wheat malt lemony unbalanced
- Where I got it : Bottle Jockey / N. Bby
- How much: $5.20 (after 5% off) – 355 ml., February 2016
- Do I love this enough to drink it again: no
- Would I recommend this to beer aficionados: nah
Visual: Slow gusher. Pours cloudy marmalade orange with a largish foamy head, sticky lacing, 3mm retention, clusters of fast active streams.
Nose: very fruity muscat-banana wheat malt. (lvl-7)-pungency
Attack: lively-fizzy-tingly crisp-airy
Mid-palate: background alcoholic, soapy banana wheat malt, (lvl-5-sweetness), lemony grain alcohol
Finish: yeasty gag reflex, boozy, lingering wheat malt.
Summary: The initial first sips are bold and explosive with big banana wheat malt flavour and a huge fizz-foamy carbonation. Subsequent sips reveal a coarse alcoholic body that persists until the finish. Okay banana wheat malt flavour but too soapy and astringent to fully enjoy. Good appearance and nose but falls flat in balance.